“How does one become a butterfly?" she asked. "You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.” Trina Paulus

Thursday, October 9, 2014

One, Two, Hook, Up....

Yep I made it up again today... was a little late (that seems to be a theme right?) so I was in the back and was trying not to make eye contact to share a bag with my last kickboxing buddy... After Tuesdays horrible, awful, cray cray day... I was trying to not talk and just concentrate on keeping my mind in check... So it was going pretty good, then here I go looking in the mirror- do they have to be the whole side of the room?  My first though was who is that hobo in the back at kickboxing...then I realized it was me...did I dress in the dark? Oh well... punch, jab, kick... just concentrate on the beat of the music and the instructions... 
oh no, oh no...she notices me... the instructor is coming back here...don't make eye contact, keep punching... "Hey there's an open side to a bag up front" I smile "Oh Thanks!"... Really?  up front... right next to the mirror??? ugh... oh well... there's a goal right, I'm here for a purpose... "I can CHOOSE Courage, or I can Choose Comfort... 
So here we go up front... and as we change the routine... we punch Jab, Cross, Hook, Upper Cut... and as we move faster and get our rhythm... She starts ...one, two, hook, up... we all start chanting and as I move and chant I hear it... 1, 2, HOOK UP... I start to giggle inside... that's hilarious (yes I might have the humor of a 12 yr old boy sometimes, most times...ok alot) but then I start to think of a conversation with my friend Kaysha yesterday... on being single, and dating, and finding love... the fun and the pain of it... looks of pity (or is it envy) on the faces of people who ask "are you seeing anyone?" Like single is a disease, like being alone is a defect.... but it is a topic in the forefront of most discussions... So thanks for the encouragement Kickboxing teacher... and Kaysha maybe that recommended internet dating site is the new answer- go ahead check it out  ... follow her lead ONE, TWO, HOOK UP!  

No comments:

Post a Comment