“How does one become a butterfly?" she asked. "You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.” Trina Paulus

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Day 2 - Spin me right round baby, right round... on a bike that is stationary...

Photo: Think, think, think... Should I go to Jeff's spin class tomorrow? YES YOU SHOULD! 6:30pm at the Henderson Multigenerational Center; me, great tunes, and an amazing workout.

Yahoo (said in a whisper) I got up again for 5:30 Spin class (whisper cuz its 5:30 am by dang) 
So getting up was a tiny bit harder today...
So some lessons in Spin today
1. Don't walk in a few minutes late and be too shy to ask for help adjusting your bike seat (trust me you will thank me for this one later)
2. I realized that my negative thoughts sleep better in the dark of the spin class--- maybe it was the need to concentrate to stay on... 
3. the pumpin music helps me forget the pain...
4. the ladies trying to talk over the music are annoying (note to self, don't do that, cuz its not nice...plus the teacher calls you on it in front of the class---3rd grade flash back) 
5. At some point in the hour my hmmm hmmm goes numb and I'm a little concerned about that, to be honest.  
6. I like the anonymity of the dark room and the ability to see out and not in the room.  (I used a big word cuz I'm more awake now that class is over)
7. I know its only day two of my 2nd (maybe 5th) start on this journey, but I already feel stronger... not necessarily my muscles but my soul... I feel proud of me today... 
8. As the day has gone on...I'm more tired today than I was yesterday, but I'm reminding myself its all a process... it may get harder before it get easier, but it will get easier... 

I'm reminding myself that I am still early in this journey...that I'm working on the physical/mental.  I'm not beating myself up over the food parts... I am slowly working on that too...but for now I can concentrate on the physical... I know that this blog is helping me stay committed so far... and it may not help anyone but me...and that's ok too... it also may get ugly and raw some days...and may not be for the easily offended types... i try to keep it light, but that's not how I always feel... so I am being true to me and my walk through this... 

No comments:

Post a Comment