“How does one become a butterfly?" she asked. "You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.” Trina Paulus

Monday, September 29, 2014

Thoughts at Zumba, 5:30 am no less....

5:15 out the door- yeah me, I did it I'm up...dang its dark out here
5:31 Ready Ok...no no wait, guess who does Zumba? moms who were cheerleaders in High School...crap now I really feel ugh
5:37  uh...guess who's super nice and welcoming to the chubby girl in the back? yep those cheerleader girls...now I feel like a jerk
5:42 Is it over yet?
5:43 I really shouldn't have dropped out of dance class in 4th grade
5:47 oh i got a few of these moves...oh how I miss the 90's and my step aerobics...I was a maniac... now...not so much
5:53 Wow I don't look so bad in the mirror...I kinda look cute, oh wait...that's not me, that's the instructor...I'm the one over here in the yellow shirt.... is that really me?
5:57 ok talk nice to myself... I'm blessed to have this body... I can do this...
5:58 seriously...1, 2, 3, 4 get it together girl
6:00 I really shoulda paid more attention when I went Salsa dancing with the kids I used to track.... I feel like Ben Stiller in Along Came Polly (not Ben in the end after lessons...in the beginning when he was sweating like a pig)
6:04 control my thoughts, control my thoughts... my imagination isn't my friend
6:07 well I can do the booty shakin stuff... the nights at the club paid off
6:10 wait til I show some of these moves off in the car rides after picking up Mallory and her friends...they will dig them...
6:14 oh my goodness...only 15 more minutes... I feel my muscles burning .... they are still there under this disguise of flubba...
6:18 I hate the people running around the track above us and looking down... geez who are they to judge...and look at that guys outfit...oh wait, I'm judging... 
6:23 This isn't so bad... everyone is friendly... we all have our own stuff right?  I remember being the cute girl at the gym and still not appreciating my body... maybe some of them feel that way too... I remember grabbing the 1/2 inch of fat and complaining, I remember looking in the mirror and wanting bigger boobs (got em now) and more muscle in some areas... 
6:28 stretching ...aww the home stretch... I didn't do so bad... what if I keep this up and find my way back to my healthy body...and what if I can help others do the same?  ....but first I gotta get control of my thoughts and my negative talk about me... lets start here... Teri, you are beautiful and you did it today!  Way to shake your booty and wave your hands in the air like you don't care... You can do it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment