“How does one become a butterfly?" she asked. "You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.” Trina Paulus

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Searching for Home

 Searching for Home

She took pride in wandering...

I think I've always been a wanderer whether my neighborhood as a child, or different cities, sometimes alone...

Lately Ive put up my wandering shoes and traded them for comfy lounging clothes.  

Ive been wandering more inside myself, looking for new places to explore...

Looking for shine in dark places, and sparkle in whats been dulled...

There is a whole universe inside me to discover...

Feelings to reopen, memories to remember...

A self that I've buried under the pain...

I think for years I've floated above myself because sinking in let me feel the hurt, and made me hold my breath to ready myself for the next punch... even if none was coming...

And how I make myself breathe and feel...

The more I sink in to discover... the more I'm coming home to myself.

12-8-21

No comments:

Post a Comment